Prevention is always the best medicine, but a healthy routine is sometimes difficult to adopt.
Here’s a quick review of good preventive dental habits:
- Brush at least twice per day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss daily or use an inter-dental cleaner.
- Eat nutritious and balanced meals and limit snacking.
- Visit your dentist every six months, or as directed, for professional cleanings and dental exams.
- Check with your dentist about using supplemental fluoride to strengthen your teeth. Also, ask about dental sealants. Dental sealants are protective plastic coatings that are applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth to protect them from decay.